Saturday, February 2, 2013

February sneaks up on us

  It is now February, 2013, and I thought I had lots of time for a writing deadline.  Not so. I'll soon have a post up for Tom Iovino of Tom's Workbench fame, a noted blogger and woodworking enthusiast.  He has sponsored and instigated a push for wanna-be woodworkers, encouraging them to Get Started and not be intimidated with, "But, where do I begin?"  

  What is different this year is the assistance of several very big magazine names and vendors who want to offer prizes for the best story of a new woodworker, within the last year's time.  Here is a link to what Get Woodworking Week is all about, and Tom's words on qualifying for his contest:

Tom's Get Woodworking Week

Get Woodworking Week Prizes

and in Tom's own words:
"How will we figure out how someone can win these?
OK, here’s how this will work. If you are a woodworker who has been in the craft for one year or less, send me an e-mail at tom@tomsworkbench.com and explain  how you got into the craft. On Saturday, February 9 (the last day of Get Woodworking Week), I will take the entries that I get and pick the new woodworker with the best story to feature."

Stay tuned. There are lots of good articles coming up this week for your interest and delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments checked for Spam; published on approval.